GFK Chart-Track has revealed that Call of Duty: Black Ops III has started the year on top of the UK games charts, after taking the Christmas no.1 spot too. The Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Black Ops III also overtook Star Wars Battlefront and pushed that game down to the no. 2 spot.
Meanwhile, Fallout 4 took both the number 5 and 6 spots, and the PS4 version of Grand Theft Auto V climbed up to number 7. Both versions of FIFA 16 also remain in the UK top 10 charts as the Xbox One version stood at number 8 and the PS4 version fell down to number 9.
Outside of the top 10, Halo 5: Guardians took the number 13 spot and Just Cause 3 claimed both the number 16 and 17 spots. Finally the PS4 version of Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate fell from number 10 down to number 14 while the Xbox One version climbed one spot to number 18.
Here are the top 10 games sold in the UK as of the week ending Jan 2:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (PS4)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One)
- Star Wars Battlefront (PS4)
- Star Wars Battlefront (Xbox One)
- Fallout 4 (PS4)
- Fallout 4 (Xbox One)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
- FIFA 16 (Xbox One)
- FIFA 16 (PS4)
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6: Siege (PS4)
So what do you think of this week’s UK games charts? Let us know in the comments below.
- Atari Composer, Brad Fuller, Passes Away
- Shadow Hearts Creator Working on New Project, Shadow Hearts Remasters Currently Not in the Works
- The Force Awakens is Now the Second Highest Grossing Film Ever in the U.S.