The latest Media Creates sales figures have revealed that The Legend of Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes has managed to take the top spot on the Japanese Sales charts during its first week of sales. In total, the game managed to sell 54,394 units during its first week, beating out the sales of the second place title PriPara Mezase! Idol Grand Prix No. 1! by over 20,000 units.
Meanwhile Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad is still hanging around the top of the list with 20,824 units sold last week while Super Mario Maker came fourth with 15, 817. Splatoon continues to be a hit with Japanese gamers too as it managed to come sixth with 13,159.
In fact, this week only two games in this week’s charts weren’t made for a Nintendo console or handheld. Those two games are Minecraft: PS Vita Edition which shipped 7,547 units and the PS3 version of Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 which sold 6,442 units.
Here are the 10 best-selling games in Japan for the week 10/19/15 to 10/25/15 from Gematsu:
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes – Nintendo 3DS – Nintendo – 54,394
- PriPara Mezase! Idol Grand Prix No. 1! – Nintendo 3DS – Bandai Namco – 34,035
- Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad – Nintendo 3DS – Nintendo – 20,824
- Super Mario Maker – Wii U – Nintendo – 15,817
- 7th Dragon III Code: VFD – Nintendo 3DS – Sega – 13,299
- Splatoon – Wii U – Nintendo – 13,159
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer – Nintendo 3DS – Nintendo – 8,625
- Minecraft: PS Vita Edition – PS Vita – SCE – 7,547
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 – PS3 – Konami – 6,442
- Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon – Nintendo 3DS – Nintendo – 6,402
So what do you think of this week’s Japanese sales? Let us know in the comments section below.
- Nintendo to Update Players on Smartphone Project
- Super Mario Maker Adding Checkpoints and More Updates Soon
- Free Rocket League Update Adds Mutators in November