Square Enix has announced that it will soon be releasing the PSP version of Star Ocean: Second Evolution on PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 4. The announcement came via a Famitsu Channel Tokyo Game Show 2015 broadcast. The producer of Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness Shuichi Kobayashi said it’s “not that far off” for the re-release although no time window was given.
Star Ocean: Second Evolution was released on the PSP in 2009 and was an upgraded version of the original game, Star Ocean: The Second Story, that released in 1999 on the original PlayStation. For anyone that hasn’t experienced this stellar JRPG, this may be a good time before the impending launch of Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness on PlayStation 3 and Playstation 4 February 25, 2016 in Japan. Have you played Second Evolution before, or will you play it to prepare for Star Ocean 5? Let us know in the comments.
- New Star Ocean 5 Trailers Show Off Combat
- Ubisoft Does Good, Makes Rainbow Six Siege DLC Free
- Ready Your Blasters, Star Wars: Battlefront’s Beta Will Be Open to Everyone
- Persona 5 Director Explains Game’s Delay, Wants to Focus on Fan Expectations
- Dark Souls III US Release Date Revealed