Next time you turn on the PS4 version of Mortal Kombat X, you’re going to be asked to download the latest patch. The news was revealed by Ed Boon on Twitter. He sadly didn’t mention when the patch will be released for the Xbox One and the PC, only stating that it will be “coming soon”.
This patch introduces a ton of new character balances and bug fixes. For example, this patch has adjusted the Poison Stack “algorithm” for D’Vorah’s Venomous variation in order to ” prevent the top end from getting so high.” Meanwhile, Goro players will be happy to hear that they’ve finally fixed the bug that prevented his Krush move from landing where you want it too.
Predator has also seen some bug fixes so you will no longer be able to use 2 Smart-Discs at the same time, and they’ve also fixed the bug that made his Hish-Qu-Tien variation’s Plasma Shot ignoreNew Mortal Kombat X ps4 Patch out Now some damage scaling.
Those are just some of the changes that this patch has introduced and you can check out the rest of them below:
- D’Vorah (Venomous) – Adjusted the Poison Stack algorithm to prevent the top end from getting so high
- Ermac (Spectral) – Fixed a bug in which he could get stuck in flight controls
- Goro – Fixed a bug which was preventing Krush from having its landing location chosen
- Goro – Slightly increased the input window to meterburn PunchWalk on hit
- Jacqui (Full Auto) – Decreased the block advantage on Up Rocket by 5 and slightly increased the pushback preventing a block trap
- Jax – Adjusted Carl Weather skin hurt regions to better match the others
- Johnny Cage – Ultra Flipkick now uses the correct damage value from hotfix data (12)
- Kano (CutThroat) – Adjusted the armor frames of Charge Up to compensate for the faster startup
- Predator – Fixed a bug which allowed Predator to sometimes have 2 Smart-Disc on screen at the same time
- Predator (Hish-Qu-Tien) – Fixed a bug which was making it so Plasma Shot was ignoring some damage scaling
- Quan Chi (Sorcerer) – Fixed a bug which allowed him to reset the cooldown of runes after a Final Hex has run out
- Quan Chi (Sorcerer) – Reverted the temporary change of Final Hex block damage increase (back to 3x)
- Reptile – Turned off the ability to 2in1 special cancel into Floating Ball
- Reptile (Deceptive) – Added a short cooldown after Invisibility to prevent players from spending multiple bars of meter if executed very fast
- Reptile – Lowered the input priority of Floating Ball
- Shinnok – Away+FK now auto-faces correctly
- Takeda – Reduced the cancel advantage from Towards+FP,BP,BP+BK by 1 preventing a block trap
- Takeda – Fixed a bug which would cause the reaction to Tri Kunai to sometimes play in the wrong direction
- Takeda (Ronin) – Reduced the block cancel advantage of Away+BP,FP,BP+BK by 3 preventing a
- block trap
- Takeda (Ronin) – Kool Whip Brutatlity when in Ronin should work more consistently now.
- Tanya (Pyromancer) – Fixed a bug which was applying the Dark Shroud & Devil’s Dust damage to her throws and other misc damage
- Tanya (Pyromancer) – Reverted the temporary change of the Dark Shroud & Devil’s Dust damage (back to 10)
- Tanya (Pyromancer) – Dark Shroud & Devil’s Dust now use the correct lifetime value from hotfix data (7 seconds)
- Tremor – Some variation specific moves now have corrected values in the movelist
So what do you think of the latest Mortal Kombat X patch and what do you think about the fact that PS4 players are getting it first? Let us know in the comments below.