Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is all about stealth and infiltration. Avoiding spotlights, and enemy lines of sight is of the utmost importance. Sometimes it isn’t too easy to do so, so you have to exhibit a bit of ingenuity. In Snake’s case, that usually involves a cardboard box. Metal Gear Solid V: TPP takes the age old classic and turns the dial all the way up to 11 by making the boxes customizable.
What this does is it allows the player to place a poster on the box so that the soldiers (who all apparently need glasses) will confuse the box with something else entirely. For instance, you can place a poster of a guard and they’ll salute you, or you can place something a bit more risque to distract them with… science.
To do so hold down the item button (left on the D-pad) then hover over the box item you want to use. Press “Square” on the PlayStation or “X” on the Xbox in order to cycle through any posters you have collected. Select the one you want and voila, you have a custom decal on your cardboard box.
Posters can be found all around the game world, usually on the sides of buildings, but sometimes on vehicles and other machinery.
Now go and trick some soldiers. Also, for more guides, tips, tricks, info, and fun features about Metal Gear Solid V: TPP be sure to check out our constantly expanding wiki.
More Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- Even Hideo Kojima’s Eyewear Line Gets Credits in Metal Gear Solid V: TPP
- Playing Metal Gear Solid V: TPP on Your Birthday Grants You a Special Mission
- Metal Gear Solid V: TPP Lets You Brutally Knock out Your Horse with Supply Drops
- Here’s a Printable Alternative Metal Gear Solid V Cover With Kojima’s Name ALL Over it
- Kojima’s Name Shows Up in Metal Gear Solid V: TPP Hundreds of Times
- Why Quiet Is So Naked in Metal Gear Solid V: TPP
- Metal Gear Solid V: TPP Wiki
- How to Get Hideo Kojima as a Recruit in Metal Gear Solid V: TPP