This week’s Media Creates charts have revealed that both the PS3 and the PS4 versions of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain have debuted at number 1 on the Japanese sales charts. Out of the two versions, the PS4 version came out on top with 293,652 sales, while the PS3 version sold 117,547 copies.
Just behind Metal Gear Solid V was the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King, which sold 106,823 copies. Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad, meanwhile, continues to sell well in Japan as it came in fourth with 49,542.
Besides Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, the only other new game to break into the top 10 was the PS Vita title Infinite Stratos 2: Love and Purge, which came ninth with 7,643. Outside the top 10, the only other two new games to make it on the list were Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin at number 11 and the PS3 version of Infinite Stratos 2: Love and Purge at 16.
Here is the current top 10 best selling games in Japan by 4Gamer:
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4 version) 293,652
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS3 version) 117, 547
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (Nintendo 3DS) 106,823
- Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad (Nintendo 3DS) – 49,542
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Nintendo 3DS) – 30,840
- Splatoon (Nintendo Wii U) – 18,826
- Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ (Nintendo 3DS) – 9,293
- Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (PlayStation Vita) – 8,355
- Infinite Stratos 2: Love and Purge (PlayStation Vita) – 7,643
- Mario Kart 8 – (Nintendo Wii U) – 5,935
So what do you think of the latest Japanese sales charts? Let us know in the comments below.