The fall games season is about to kick off in just a few days. As is the case with previous years, there’s going to be a LOT of games coming over the next three months. We’ve taken to calculating how much all these big games will set you back, by the month! To avoid melting our brains with all that math, we decided to focus solely on the standard editions.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain–$60/$50 (Last Gen Systems Only)
- Mad Max–$60
- Tearaway Unfolded–$40
- Super Mario Maker–$60
- Forza Motorsport 6–$60
- Pro Evolution Soccer–$60
- Destiny: The Taken King–$60
- Skylanders: Super Chargers–$75 (Standard Starter Pack)/+$13 (Individual Character Packs)+$16 (Vehicle Packs)+$35 (Sea Racing Action Pack)
- FIFA 16–$60
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer–$40
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5–$60
- NBA Live 16–$60
- Lego Dimensions–$99 (Starter Pack)+$30 (Level Pack)+$25 (Team Pack)+$15 (Fun Pack)
- Fallout Anthology–$50
- Persona 4: Dancing All Night–$50
- NHL 16–$60
Total Cost: Each of these games (added up with the different packs for Skylanders and Lego) will have you spending $1028.
Solution: To buy every single one of these games, you should just donate blood. Yours, your dad’s, even your brother’s if you have to.
- Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance–$60
- Rock Band 4–$60
- Transformers: Devastation–$50
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection–$60
- The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition–$50
- Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below–$60
- Yoshi’s Wooly World–$50
- Guitar Hero Live–$100
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate–$60
- Halo 5: Guardians–$60
- Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes–$40
- WWE 2K16–$60
- Just Dance 2016–$50/$40 (Last Gen Systems Only)
Total Cost: October’s games will only add up to $760. Not as wallet breaking as September’s, but still nothing to shirk at.
Solution: Save those coupons, buddy.
- Need for Speed–$60
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III–$60
- Fallout 4 (!!!!!!)–$60
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbone/PC Only)–$60
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song–$60
- Star Wars Battlefront–$60
- Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon–$40
- Star Fox Zero–$60
Total Cost: Don’t take out a loan or sell your soul just yet. These game will just have you spending a total of $460 (before those damned taxes, of course).
Solution: Spend away, money boy. There’s sure to be some good Black Friday deals going on for some of these, so don’t feel like you have to get them immediately come release day.
- Just Cause 3–$60
- Rainbow Six: Siege–$60
- Xenoblade Chronicles X–$60
- Devil’s Third–$60+a desire to trash your WiiU
Total Cost: All five of these games will only cost ya $300. If you’re not interested in Devil’s Third (and from the sound of things, that’s quite a few people), you’ll only be spending $240.
Solutions: It’s the holidays, dude. Best to just wait for some sales or drop some none too subtle hints at Christmas, wink wink.
Total Cost: $2,548
Solution: Rob a bank. Literally just rob a bank, steal from the Girl Scout Cookies, sell your soul to Satan, anything if getting all these games matters that much to you. Have fun playing all of them someday in the year 2063!
What fall games are you going to be picking up? Let us know in the comments below.