Maya is the bona-fide psychic badass of Borderlands 2. Her Phaselock ability has a short cooldown, allowing the Siren to lock enemies in midair while dishing out damage on anything in her sights. Playing as Maya effectively requires players to successfully target and augment Phaselock for maximum effect, while making use of their own trigger finger to make the difference. Leveling her up, though, can at times be difficult. Here is our guide for how to build Maya in Borderlands 2 & the Handsome Collection and make the most of her unique skills and abilities.
How to Build Maya in Borderlands 2
The original Borderlands 2 capped players at level 50, whereas in The Handsome Collection (or after purchasing the correct DLC on PC or last-gen consoles) allows characters to be leveled all the way up to 72.
While this does allow you to make use of an absolute smorgasbord of different talents, it’s still a limiting factor. Yes with a maximum of 67 skill points available to you, it can be easier to make the right build. That doesn’t mean that enemies get any easier to kill.
If anything, they become more difficult as Borderlands 2 goes on, meaning you’ll have to efficiently create a build that fits your play-style.
That’s where this guide comes in, really. First, we’re going to offer you some guidance on building Maya into a beast while leveling in Borderlands 2, then offer you a selection of different builds to use at the maximum level available in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection. Without further ado, let’s get to leveling.
- The Outer Worlds Has Shipped 2.8 Million Units, Borderlands 3 at 10.5 Million, NBA 2K20 at 14 Million
- Borderlands 3 to Celebrate 1-Year Anniversary Next Week With 6 Mini Events
- Borderlands 3 Bounty of Blood: How to Get Robin’s Call Legendary Shotgun
- Borderlands 3 Bounty of Blood: How to Get Bloom Legendary Pistol
- Borderlands 3 Bounty of Blood: How to Get Helpful Hunter Trophy & Achievement