Anyone who still says that cheaters never prosper has clearly never played a Sims game. The Sims series has long empowered its players with the ability to hop into a cheat menu and enhance gameplay through the use of cheats. The newest release of the series, The Sims 4, is no different. If you’ve ever wanted to disable death, max out all of a Sim’s skills, or just put some money in the bank, this list is for you.
To use all of the following cheats, all you have to do is hold down Ctrl + Shift + C to open the cheat menu. Simply type the command listed, hit enter, and you’re all set. Note that certain toggle cheats, like the one to disable motive decay, will reset whenever you swap lots. This includes going to a community lot, visiting a neighbor, or any time that travel triggers a loading screen.
- Kaching or Rosebud – Adds 1,000 Simoleons to the current household’s bank account.
- Motherlode – Adds 50,000 Simoleons to the current household’s bank account.
- death.toggle true/false – Disables or enables death for all Sims in the current game
- freerealestate on/off – Only works on the Neighborhood screen. Turn this on for free housing, turn it off it you want to pay full price again.
- households.autopay_bills – Bills will be paid automatically instead of requiring a Sim to pay them manually.
- hideheadlineeffects on/off – Disables all that junk floating over a Sim’s head like the plumbob and thought bubbles.
- resetsim FirstName LastName – Replace FirstName and LastName with the name of the Sim you want to reset.
- Money # – Replace the # with a number to set the current household funds to that number.
- Fullscreen – Toggles fullscreen and windowed mod