Hot off the heels of a major update in March, Microsoft has a update planned for the Xbox One with the aim to improve the console’s social features. A user on NeoGAF, who is part of the preview program, has revealed what will be included in the April update:
- Game and app saves and updates: A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.
- Friends improvements: Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This actually was one of the most frequently requested features from the first preview wave and we made it a priority to include it in the April update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list. We’ll also add the ability to view friends’ most popular apps.
- Blu-ray 50 Hz video output support for content recorded at 50 Hz: This patch will resolve video playback issues some Xbox Live members in Europe are experiencing.
- Kinect voice and motion improvements: Continue to fine tune the quality and reliability of Xbox One commands.
- Improved GameDVR video quality: Through compression algorithm improvements.
- Updates to Xbox One device management: Address issues controlling TVs, set top boxes, and receivers that our customers have reported.
- New audio settings: Tune how much volume is lowered when Kinect is used in communications.
No specific date was given for when we can expect the wide release for the update but some Xbox One owners have already reported receiving preview invitations. Go check your inbox!