After months of beta testing, the Final Fantasy XIV reboot finally has a release date. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be hitting both PC and the PS3 on August 27th. The announcement comes packed with information about preorder bonuses and the upcoming Collector’s Edition. Those who preorder either the standard or Collector’s Edition of A Realm Reborn will receive exclusive in-game content like the non-combat Cait Sith Doll Minion or the Mog Cap. If gear isn’t enough for you, preordering fans will also get early access to the game.
Those after the Collector’s Edition will find it packed with both in-game and physical goodies:
- Collector’s box designed by Yoshitaka Amano
- 80-page “Art of Eorzea” hardcover art book
- “The Waning of the Six Sun” bonus video disc
- “Sounds of Eorzea” album featuring scores by Final Fantasy series composers
- Five collectable character art cards
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn-branded security token
- In-game bouns items: Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Coeurl Mount, and Behemoth Barding
The original release of Final Fantasy: XIV was met with mostly negative reviews when it was released back in 2010, prompting the Realm Reborn redesign. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be a standalone release; you will not need the original XIV to play it. If you’re like me and owned the original XIV I’ve got some good news for you: owners of the original Final Fantasy XIV game will be able to download the PC release of A Realm Reborn for free.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will release August 27th, 2013. The PC standard edition will cost $29.99 and the Collector’s Edition will run at $69.99. The PS3 standard release will be $39.99 with the PS3 Collector’s Edition at $79.99.