Start carving hunters!
Get your whetstones and BBQ spits out because Capcom has announced the details for the Monster Hunter: World beta. Exclusively on PlayStation 4 for PlayStation Plus subscribers, the beta will run through Dec. 9-12.
Players interested in participating have the option of preloading the beta on Dec. 8 to jump right into the action. It includes three quests across two of the game’s environments, which can be completed solo or with up to three other players online. Interestingly, the beta will also debut a new mode in the series, a Training Room used to test weapons.
The full details of the beta are as follows:
- Start Time: December 9, 2017 at 9:00am PT / 5:00pm GMT / 6:00pm CET
- End Time: December 12, 2017 at 8:59am PT / 4:59pm GMT / 5:59pm CET
- Location: Your gaming room + the Internet
- Requirements: Internet connection, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Plus subscription, 5.9 GB of free space, hunting spirit
- Quests: The beta features three quests across two environments from the game. In the Ancient Forest, you can hunt a fierce yet beginner-friendly Great Jagras or as a more experienced player confront the mighty threat of an Anjanath. In the Wildspire Waste, a massive, dry expanse with swamplands, you can face off against the intermediate level mud-slinging Barroth.
- Rewards: In addition to an unquantifiable amount of fun, complete each quest and you’ll get some useful bonus items in the full game! Just make sure you use the same Sony Entertainment Network account for both the beta and the full game.
- Additional Notes: Each quest can be done solo or with up to three other players online, and you’ll be able to choose from 14 different weapon types based on your preferred playstyle, which you can now change during quests at camp. You can even try out each of them before heading out on a quest by visiting the series’ all-new Training Room, included in the beta! Potions and other supplies will be provided on quests during the beta, but you’ll have to fetch your own food and drinks outside the game for those long gameplay sessions.
Monster Hunter: World is set to release on Jan. 26, 2018 worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The PC version of the game has yet to receive a release date.