Sega is teaming with a California art gallery to help Yakuza fans experience the series’ style like never before, as well as celebrate Yakuza 6’s upcoming release.
Set to launch Mar. 17, the Nucleus art gallery in Alhambra, Cal. will offer an exhibit dedicated to the Yakuza game series. Pieces on display range from exclusive prints never before available to tribute pieces created by fans and staff. The first day of the gallery’s run will also offer opening night festivities and deals, such as Yakuza 6: The Song of Life’s limited edition art book being made available for presale along with the chance for series general producer Daisuke Sato and Horitomo, the tattoo artist behind the game’s tattoo designs, to sign the art books.
A full list of the opening night’s festivities, which begin at 3 p.m. PST, can be viewed below:
- Daisuke Sato the General Producer of the Yakuza series and HORITOMO the renowned tattoo artist behind the series will be signing limited copies of the art book for those who pre-purchase the game at the event
- Over 30 pieces of tribute art on display created by our fans and staff
- Game artwork from the Yakuza franchise on display
- Debut of exclusive Yakuza themed prints for sale
- HORITOMO will be doing a live art demonstration at the event
- Lifesize Kamurocho Gate installation
- Special announcement and Q&A during opening night
- FREE exclusive Ono Michio-kun Pin to our first 200 attendees, refreshments, raffles, exclusive Yakuza 6 shirt for sale, and more
- Gallery Nucleus will have the premium and launch edition copies of Yakuza 6: The Song of Life for pre-purchase. With the purchase, you will receive the collector art books to be signed at the event. Game will be shipped on April 17th 2018
- Open to the public, FREE admission, no RSVP necessary
Those who can’t make the opening night’s festivities can still see the display until April 1. Check out Nucleus’ website for hours and admission prices.
[Source: Yakuza’s Official Twitter]