If you’ve ever played the jump rope mini game in Super Mario Odyssey, you’ve probably sneaked a peek at the leaderboards and wondered how in the world folks could possibly have made so many record-breaking attempts. Beyond getting the “Jump-Rope Genius” Power Moon, it’s a fun little game that people have (unsurprisingly) already broken.
There’s a glitch in the game that lets you use Cappy to trigger it, letting you power through to get the Power Moon and get a ton of jumps to put you on the clock. Using Twitter user FourScore64’s method, you’ll first throw Cap over Talkatoon and talk to him before the hat gets to the bird. Then run to the sidewalk in the left side of the park before jumping into the jump rope area. Press R and ZR at the same time, and you’ll see Mario frozen in the air. Let the game sit for a few hours, and you’ll reach 99,999 jumps — roughly 15 hours, according to FourScore64.
Here’s how you break the jumprope minigame:
1. Walk over to Talkatoo
2. Throw your hat above Talkatoo, then talk to him right before it hits him
3. Run all the way to the left sidewalk
4. Jump into the jumprope area and press R + ZR together
5. Wait 15 hours to reach 99,999 pic.twitter.com/gCQJD2Tu18
— Shane (@FourScore64) November 21, 2017
No more wondering on how to get through the Power Moon you need from the mini game, but it does tend to ruin the leaderboards for jumping rope based on skill. It’s still a pretty cool little glitch, though.
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Welcomes Three New Fighters This December
- Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris Will Add to Current End Game Reward System; Features New Heroic Adventures
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is Now Free to Play on iOS