Activision has released patch notes for Call of Duty: WWII’s latest update that went live today on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The update focused mainly on multiplayer, with general improvements to connectivity, leaderboard, UI, loading, and splitscreen functionality. Other bugs addressed in the patch include a clipping issue and an “out of world” exploit in the Nazi Zombies game mode.
Select multiplayer weapons have been balanced with the update, one week since Call of Duty: WWII launched. The BAR rifle received “decreased fire rate and widened hip fire spread,” while the LMG Bipod attachment takes less time to set up while aiming down the sights. A bug with all sniper rifles that caused “zooming to exact center when aiming down the sights” has also been fixed.
Despite the patch, there was no mention in the notes of the “Prestige bug” that makes some players who have ranked up unable to claim Orders, missions that reward XP and other resources. Check out the full patch notes below for all the changes.
Since the update went live early this morning, Call of Duty: WWII players across Reddit and Twitter have reported not being able to join matches and other server issues. Activision announced it was aware of the issue and that “we’re actively working to restore matchmaking functionality.”
COD: WWII MULTIPLAYER UPDATES
- Connectivity improvements and optimizations
- Fixed de-ranking issues
- Addressed an issue where players encountered an infinite load screen
- Leaderboard stability improvements and bug fixes
- General UI improvements
- Loading optimizations
- Splitscreen functionality improvements
- Added new unlock inventory stars to indicate when new items are added
- Adjusted hit marker audio to be higher default level (note: can be adjusted in settings)
- Fixed out of world exploits on Gustav Cannon and Sainte Marie du Mont
- Espionage Basic Training – Reduced painted time from 10 to 6 seconds. Made it so only bullet damage paints you.
- Weapon tuning to allow for one shot kills outside of hardcore mode, enabling challenge completion.
- Fixed infinite flamethrower bug
- XP Earn rate tuned in Operation Neptune
- Fix issue of shotgun variants not appearing
- Emblem Editor and visualization improvements
- GameBattles Improvements
- Fixed Gridiron Ball exploits
COD: WWII MULTIPLAYER WEAPON TUNING UPDATES
- Walther Toggle Action Shotgun – Damage increased at extremely close range
- Bren LMG – Increased damage per shot
- LMG Bipod – Sped up ADS time when in Bipod stance
- BAR Rifle – decreased fire rate and widened hip fire spread
- STG44 Rifle – widened hip fire spread
- FG42 Rifle – increased recoil and widened hip fire spread
- Machine Pistol – decreased damage ranges
SNIPER CLASS – Fixed a bug with all Sniper Rifles zooming to exact center when aiming down the sights
COD: WWII NAZI ZOMBIES UPDATES
- Zombie Map Exploit Fix – clipping into a zombie spawn closet using revive mechanic in Laboratory
- Fixed Klaus pathing
- Fixed out of world exploit – The Final Reich
CHECK OUT MORE
- New Discord Feature Allows Joining Friends’ Games From Chat Client
- Microsoft Announces Exclusive Xbox One X Bundle With Steph Curry Shoes Not Available to Public
- Wolfenstein II Receives Xbox One X Support, PC Fixes, and DLC Episode in New Update
- L.A. Noire on Nintendo Switch Requires MicroSD Card for Digital Copies, 14 GB Day One Patch for Cartridges