Heads up, heroes.
Overwatch is one of the hottest games around and since its release players have been having a great time going head-to-head against their friends whilst playing as larger than life heroes. As with any popular online game, Overwatch has had its share of updates and patches in order to iron out any bugs and smooth out the creases, including a new patch which has removed several maps from Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch rotation.
As VG247 reports, the maps Hanamura, Horizon Lunar Colony, Temple of Anubis, and Volskaya Industries are no longer part of the Deathmatch rotation. Blizzard has not given a reason for the removal of the maps but they are still available in custom games. It should also be noted that there’s a change to how much much Mercy’s Resurrect ultimate contributes to her on-fore meter. The patch is out now on PC and coming soon to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions.
The full patch notes read thusly:
- The credit that Mercy’s Resurrect contributes toward her on-fire meter has been adjusted to account for the recent changes in its functionality
- Hanamura, Horizon Lunar Colony, Temple of Anubis, or Volskaya Industries have been removed from the Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch map rotation, but can still be selected in Custom Games
- Made several adjustments to the spectator camera to improve the viewing experience
- Fixed a bug that caused the audio from Junkertown’s front gate to play when previewing and opening Loot Boxes
- Fixed a bug that prevented the stagger and knockdown VO from canceling active voice lines
- Fixed a bug that allowed an incorrect voice line to play when firing D.Va’s Micro Missiles
- Fixed an issue that caused the spectator camera to lose track of heroes and player-controlled objects (e.g. Junkrat’s Rip-Tire)
- Fixed a bug that prevented Genji and Mercy’s ultimate voice lines from functioning properly when the Oni or Winged Victory skins were equipped
- Fixed an issue that caused sound effects to continuously repeat when using a beam weapon (e.g. Zarya’s Particle Cannon) to destroy the motorcycle in the attackers’ spawn room on Junkertown
- Fixed an issue that activated audio cues that are typically associated with enemy hits when shooting the motorcycle on Junkertown