All Returning Exotics in Destiny 2
While Ghaul is indeed destroying a lot of things in Destiny 2, not everything from the first game is disappearing forever. It turns out that certain exotics are still floating around and are able to be obtained by players throughout their journeys (both weapons and armor). Below you’ll find a list of all returning exotics thus far in Destiny 2, and we’ll be sure to update as we discover more ancient gear from the first game.
Returning Exotic Weapons in Destiny 2
- Mida Multi-Tool (Scout Rifle) – One of the most loved and reviled scout rifles is back to wreak havoc in both PvE and the Crucible. Eyes up, Guardian, headshots inbound in Destiny 2.
- Hard Light (Auto Rifle) – Not only is this weapon back, but it got a neat upgrade as well. Shots still over-penetrate and ricochet, but you can also switch between all three burns in the menu. Yup, that means you can have a Solar, Void, or Arc Hard Light at the press of a button.
Returning Armor Exotics in Destiny 2
- Sunbreakers (Warlock Gauntlets) – They’re back, and you’ll probably still avoid them, though they are useful for the Dawnblade.
- Starfire Protocol (Warlock Chest)
- Skull of Dire Ahamkara (Warlock Helmet) – Take less damage while using Nova Bomb. Kills with your Nova Bomb contribute to its recharge.
- An Insurmountable Skullfort (Titan Helmet) – Kills with Arc Melee ability trigger health regeneration and restore some of your Melee ability energy.
- Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan Chest) – Generates and additional Orb of Light from super kills. Also, provides a healing pulse when Barricade is activated.
- Celestial Nighthawk (Hunter Helmet) – Modifies Golden Gun to fire a single, high damage round that makes the target explode if killed.
- Knucklehead Radar (Hunter Helmet)
- Young Ahamkara’s Spine (Hunter Gauntlets)
- Lucky Raspberry (Hunter Chest) – Arcbolts chaining abilities are increased. Every time an enemy takes damage from your Arcbolt grenade, it has a chance to recharge.
So far, these all seem to drop as random rewards, so no special quests needed. We’ll be sure to keep an eye out for any quest-specific exotics returning to Destiny 2. Until then, enjoy the nostalgia of the exotics that helped you build your first legend.
Check out our Destiny 2 wiki for more.