Dreamworks has announced a new cinematic, episodic VR experience for Netflix’s Voltron: Legendary Defender, titled DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles. This marks the first time the new Voltron series has made the jump to video games. The title seems to be exclusive to PSVR, and lets you jump aboard the Blue Lion, solve puzzles, and more.
The game boasts an animation style that looks fairly similar to the animated series, and based on the short trailer released, which you can see below, it seems the same voice actors will be returning for their roles. Here’s a short overview of the game via PlayStation.com,
“Enjoy an immersive Voltron narrative that places you in iconic locations from DreamWorks’ “Voltron: Legendary Defender,” alongside your favorite characters. Pilot the Blue Lion in fierce space battles, stand on the bridge of the Castle Ship and solve interactive puzzles and challenges along the way.
When Lance discovers the remains of a lost alien race deep within enemy space, he releases an unstoppable force that threatens the Paladins and Voltron. Jump into the heart of the adventure, fight back against the corrupt force of Zarkon, and unravel the ancient mystery in this epic intergalactic experience. In DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles, the fate of Voltron and the Universe rests in your hands!”
DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles doesn’t have a release date yet, but it will be launching sometime in Fall 2017. The PSVR title will cost $14.99.
CHECK OUT MORE
- Harmonix Announces Music-Themed Super Beat Sports for Nintendo Switch
- World of Warcraft’s Shadows of Argus Update Releases Today; Patch Notes Detailed
- Nintendo’s Latest Nindies Trailer Showcases a Treasure Trove of Indie Games
- Windjammers Makes Flying Discs Look Cool Again in Its Launch Trailer
- Sledgehammer Games Addresses Call of Duty: WWII Fan Complaints and Feedback