How to Install and Use ReShade in PUBG
ReShade is a post-processing injector modification that improves the overall graphical look of PUBG. The most notable improvements are by way of sharper and brighter visuals, which it achieves by removing focus blue. ReShade allows players to adjust different shades and color pallets for extra clarity. It can make a dramatic difference to what you can see on the battlefield. Don’t worry, though, using the modification is not deemed cheating by the PUBG community.
In order to install ReShade, you will first need to download the modification and make sure your computer is capable of running it. Then follow these four steps:
- Locate the game on your computer. The default path is: C-Drive > Program Files > Steam > SteamApps > common > PUBG > TslGame > Binaries > Win64 > Tslgame.exe
- Select your rendering API, which is typically Direct 3D 10+ or OpenGL.
- You will be prompted with the following text “Do you wish to download a collection of standard effects from https://github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders?” — reply yes.
- Click “Uncheck All” on the list of shaders. The modification is now installed and you can select which settings you prefer.
Try the following fixes to make improvements to PUBG:
- AdaptiveSharpen.fx (removes focus blur for a sharper picture)
- HDR.fx (makes the game brighter)
- Technicolor2.fx (a better contrasted and less saturated color palette)
That is how you use and install ReShade for PUBG. For other useful guides, check our wiki page.