Pokemon GO receives its next three legendary Pokemon — Entei, Raikou, and Suicune — starting today, but with some restrictions.
According to developer Niantic, these Pokemon will be travelling across continents, giving players a limited time to catch them in Raid Battles. Entei can be found in Europe and Africa, Raikou can be battled in the Americas, and Suicune can be caught in the Asia-Pacific region until Sept. 30. Then, the Pokemon will move to a different location until Oct. 31 with the last remaining location after.
Niantic is also testing EX Raid Battles, formerly called Exclusive Raid Battles, at select Gyms before rolling out the feature worldwide. The developers plans to adjust “eligibility requirements, frequency, times, locations, and durations” during the field test. Players will be invited for the chance to try out the new system as early as Sept. 6.
Additionally, the update allows players to spin a Gym Photo Disc with the Pokemon Go Plus device and see how many players have entered a Raid Battle before joining. Full patch notes, via Niantic, can be read below.
Update Notes (Version 0.73.1 for Android and 1.43.1 for iOS)
- Added the ability for Trainers to spin the Photo Disc at a Gym using the Pokemon GO Plus accessory.
- Added the ability to view the number of Trainers entered, and preparing, for a Raid Battle before using a Raid Pass.
- Improved Pokemon Collection screen search functionality by allowing Trainers to search through their Pokemon’s moves using the @ character.
- Resolved a bug which caused the Raid Boss to always break free from the last Premier Ball.
- Resolved a bug that prevented Trainers from seeing they’d received double XP from Raid Battles when using a Lucky Egg.
- Various bug fixes.