Check your ping before playing competitive.
Overwatch update 2.17 was recently deployed on PS4 and Xbox One, adding several bug fixes and an optional network Ping display during in-game matches. The patch should only weigh around 100MB, so it won’t take long before you can get back to playing Competitive Play and Copa Lúcioball.
Community Manager Josh Engen shared the patch notes on the official Overwatch forum. With the patch, players can now see in real-time if they have an unstable internet connection. The update also fixes a bug in Copa Lúcioball that prevented players from getting in a party. Below is the full patch notes from Blizzard:
- Added a “Show Network Stats” option (found under Options > Video), allowing players to see real time statistics for Network Ping, Network Round Trip Time, and Network Interpolation Delay
- Fixed an issue that could cause Reinhardt’s Charge to push characters through walls
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations on Anubis
- Fixed a bug that prevented the area-of-effect circle for Doomfist’s Meteor Strike from being visible to all players
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from grouping up in competitive Lúcioball
The next content update planned for Overwatch is the addition of Deathmatch to Arcade, which brings a new map dedicated to Widowmaker as well as several modified maps. Two variations of Deathmatch will be available: Free-For-All and Team Deathmatch. This new Arcade mode is currently on the Public Test Region on PC and is expected to go live soon on all platforms.