Sending berries from anywhere.
Pokemon GO received a new update this week that lets players support their Pokemon defending gyms from anywhere and other fixes. The update is now available for both iOS and Android platforms.
Before the update, players had to physically visit the location of gyms where their Pokemon are defending to feed them berries. These berries help the Pokemon remain at the gym by raising its Motivation stat.
Now players can feed their Pokemon anywhere by selecting the “Go to Gym” option in the Pokemon info menu. Unfortunately, less motivation will be regained using this convenient option than by physically visiting the gym. The update also improves collection search and other fixes, via Niantic’s patch notes below.
- Added icons to the Pokémon information screen to indicate how the Pokémon was caught.
- Added the ability for Trainers to spin the Photo Disc at a Gym after completing a Raid Battle.
- Added the ability for Trainers to send Berries to their Pokémon defending Gyms through the Pokémon info screen when they are not nearby. Motivation regained will be less effective through this method.
- Added the ability for Trainers to give Berries to Pokémon defending Gyms if their motivation meter is full.
- Improved Pokémon Collection screen search functionality.
- Fixed an issue where Trainers were unable to complete Raid Battles started before time expired on the map view.
- Fixed an issue where Pokémon are not properly returned to their Trainer after defending a Gym.
- Various bug fixes.
The update precedes the Pokemon GO Fest this weekend in Chicago, where players can participate in “challenge windows” to catch a certain amount of Pokemon for global rewards. Those who cannot attend the event can still participate by catching Pokemon. The event will also be livestreamed on Twitch, the developer announced on Twitter today.