The July update for Gears of War 4 hits today, bringing two familiar maps into the latest entry, two new multiplayer characters, events, and bug fixes.
The two maps added to the game in this month’s update are Raven Down, an original Gears of War map taking place in a small intersection, and Reclaimed Windflare, a twist on the Reclaimed launch map with the addition of destructive windflare storms found in the Gears of War 4 campaign. The maps are available for season pass holders in the Developer Playlist, while everyone else has to wait until July 12 to play the maps in public matchmaking. Check out both maps in the trailer below.
This month’s new multiplayer characters are Superstar Cole and Civilian Anya. Both can be found in an upcoming Gear Pack, while Civilian Anya can be crafted through scrap. Developer The Coalition announced it will hold a Raven Down 24/7 playlist and a new Horde event later this month. The update also adds 21 new country emblems, alongside fixes for competitive multiplayer and a few Horde class abilities. The full list, via The Coalition, can be read below.
- Players shot at point-blank range in cover will no longer receive reduced damage
- Players can no longer survive under the avalanche on Avalanche
- Players can no longer capture the rings in KOTH on Avalanche from below the balconies
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to keep weapons after a change in Arms Race
- Fixed an issue where players could leave a Ranked Lobby just as they join one without being aware, resulting in a suspension
- Updated Palace Guard dialogue to match their intended voice
- Improved Oscar’s dialogue tuning to match improvements for other characters in the Rise of the Horde update
- Horde: Reduced effectiveness of spawn manipulation on Security
- Horde: The Sniper’s ‘Called Shot’ mark ability now works when using a turret
- Horde: A Scout using Cloak will not break Cloak by roadie running in cover
- Horde: Enemies killed by Explosive Headshots will no longer reset the Magic Bullet Multiplier
- Improvements to the Lightning Weapon Skin set animation
- Fixed display issues with YJeter’s Lancer Skin
- Added 21 new Country Emblems (available in Gear Packs and Craftable)
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements
CHECK OUT MORE
- Rocket League Introduces New Map and Additional Content With Latest Free Update
- Quirky Pixelated RPG The Longest Five Minutes is Coming to Nintendo Switch
- Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Announces New Multiplayer Difficulty and Alien Race
- The Latest Fire Emblem Warriors Trailer Confirms Four New Characters