Get ready for a prettier looking game.
Though Prey was advertised as a game with PS4 Pro support at launch, we found the lack of graphical settings and other options that we could tweak with fairly disappointing. However, all that is about to change as Bethesda rolls out a new patch for the console. You can check out the list of PS4 Pro enhancements down below:
- Enable Screen-Space Reflections
- – Higher quality shadows
- – Improved texture appearance
- – More texture memory (stable streaming)
- – Anisotropy 16x (from 4x)
- – Improved visual fidelity
- – Less LOD usage
- – Dynamic lights show up further
- – Particles are allowed to draw more pixels per effect
The patch also brings about some miscellaneous fixes for the game:
- Glooing Cook between objectives no longer breaks mission
- ‘Nightmare is Hunting You’ no longer plays after completing ‘Copy Protection’ without Typhon Neuromods installed
- Disgruntled Employee mission now properly completes if player finds Grant Lockwood prior to getting mission.
- Sarah Elazar will now give the code for Cargo Bay B if player has hostility from Phantoms
- Aaron Ingram will no longer flee and cower when released in Psychotronics
- Player can no longer lock themselves in the security pharmaceuticals office in Trauma
- Superfruit no longer appears shrunken and flat when fully grown.
- Adjusted timing on several cutscenes.
- Blank objective markers no longer persist above reticle
- Using key actions while controller prompts are shown will no longer cause a freeze.
- Tracking bracelets are now sent to Recycler with “Transfer all Junk”
Prey is now available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.