As the fiscal year came to a close, SEGA announced via its latest business presentation that they wished to revive some of their older, but major, IPs, and expand them in the coming years. Here are some of the talking points from the presentation:
Packaged Games Field
- Expand existing IPs and obtain new IPs for North American and European PC games
- Build revenue base by being entrusted with outsourced development
- Challenge for new IPs
- Revival of major IPs
- Effective utilization of development engines
Digital Games Field
- Create titles that will become global hits
- Establish digital marketing business
- Expand overseas publishing business
- Maintain profits through long-term operation of existing titles
- Develop next-generation titles
SEGA also shared some of its business strategies, which included hosting more fan events for their popular games, animation and merchandising, and also attempting to push their IPs through different channels and varying platforms like mobile devices, consoles, and PC.
What major SEGA IPs would you like to see make a return? Let us know in the comments down below.