A cosmetic overhaul.
DayZ’s developer Bohemia Interactive has rolled out update 0.62 for the open-world survival title which aims to fill out the world a little more and fix a bunch of bugs in the process.
Update 0.62’s patch notes were listed over on the game’s official forums. Alongside the denser forests, new clutter and improved wind behaviour, the update also adds in new tree models. While this may not sound like a big deal initially, players are reporting that they can no longer sit inside pine trees – otherwise known as tree camping. The new DayZ update also completely reworks some locations on Chernarus, though the extent of these changes when visiting them remains to be seen.
Generally, the update aims to add further cosmetic and performance improvements to DayZ’s open-world action. Ambient sounds help to make the world feel more immersive, and lighting effects have also been given some attention in the update, too.
You can check out the full patch notes below.
- New tree models
- Denser forests
- New clutter (grass, small plants)
- New surface textures – plains and such
- Improved wind behavior
- New shader for the wind, affecting trees and grass
- Tweaked and changed lighting for the world
- Small improvements to satellite textures
- Rain affected by wind and refinement of its behavior in general
- Many reworked locations on Chernarus
- Reworked ghillie (to be consistent with new tech)
- Small bugfixes to some issues from 0.61
- New ambient sounds
It’s worth noting that the forum post from DayZ’s Community Manager does state that this first public version on unstable servers could contain a number of bugs and crashes, as is the case with most early access titles.
DayZ is currently in early access on Steam.
Check Out More
- The Witcher 3’s Soundtrack Is Getting a Sweet Vinyl Release
- Crash Bandicoot Gets Official Merchandise Ahead of N. Sane Trilogy Release
- Broken Age Is Getting a Physical Release on PS4 and Vita, Courtesy of Limited Run
- Blasphemous Is the Latest and Shiniest 2D Pixel Art Dark Fantasy RPG to Hit Kickstarter