It’s available on the same day, worldwide.
NieR: Automata will receive its very first piece of DLC on May 2, when the add-on launches worldwide on the same day. The aptly titled “3C3C1D119440927,” originally only had an announced date for Japan, but Square Enix confirmed the simultaneous worldwide release on PS4 and PC today.
The free add-on will give NieR: Automata players a host of new options, including a couple boss battles and additional costumes. All of the new items can be earned by completing the add-on’s colosseum, which includes three arenas that each have a different challenge. Along the way you’ll even be fighting the CEOs of both Square Enix and Platinum Games.
Here’s what you can expect to get from the add-on,
- 2B’s Kaine Inspired outfit, from the original NieR.
- 9S’ Young NieR inspired outfit, from the original game.
- A2’s Adult NieR inspired outfit, from the original game.
- Cosmetic accessories including color-changing hairspray.
- Equippable masks that offer various effects.
- Skins that alter the appearance of enemies’ bullets.
- New music records for the Jukebox.
NieR: Automata is currently available on PlayStation 4 and PC, and you’ll be able to download the 3C3C1D119440927 add-on for free starting May 2. Make sure to take a look at some images of the new costumes, and few minutes of footage featuring the CEO boss battles.
What do you think of Automata’s first add-on? What do you hope to see future DLCs contribute to the game? Let us know down in the comments.
CHECK OUT MORE
- Hold the Phone, Vanquish May Finally Be Coming to PC
- Planet Coaster & Elite: Dangerous to Get Retail Releases Later This Year
- Final Fantasy XV’s Next Update Adds a DJ Deck Weapon and New Afrojack Song