Team Ninja’s challenging adventure through the Sengoku period of feudal Japan has finally released. Players will take control of William, a Western samurai who is in pursuit of a mysterious enemy. Of course, you’re going to have to fight both human and supernatural enemies, earn EXP, find better loot, and complete numerous quests along the way. Therefore, you’re probably going to need a bit of help with some of the game’s mechanic and systems. This ultimate guide for Nioh is here to help you through every element of the game. From what platforms it’s available on, to mastering the unique combat system. Check out the ever-expanding ultimate guide below.
- Release Date: February 7, 2017
- Developer: Team Ninja
- Publisher: Koei Tecmo, Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Platforms: PS4
Nioh General Tips and Info
Need a quick rundown of the basics of the game? This is where you want to be.
- Is It PS4 Pro Compatible?
- Is It Coming to PC?
- Is There New Game Plus?
- How to Gain Experience and Level Up
- How to Summon Co-op Partners
- Revenants: What They Are and Why You Should Fight Them
- How to Redeem DLC From the Alpha, Beta, and Last Chance Trial
- All Pre-Order Bonuses & Special Editions
- 5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Buy
- Tips for Beginners
- How to Save Your Game
- How to Play with Friends
- How to Use and Assign Emotes
- How Long it Is and How Many Missions There Are
- 10 Things to Do in Nioh as Soon as You Get It
- How to Play PvP Against Other Players
- Is Nioh Coming to Xbox One?
- How to Join a Clan
- How to Pause Your Game
- How to Quit a Mission and Return to the World Map
- How to Use the Blacksmith
- Which Clan You Should Pick
- How to Get More Gestures and Emotes
Nioh Combat Tips and Tricks
Struggling to get to grips with the game’s combat? These guides have got you covered.
- How to Use the Ki Pulse
- How to Backstab Enemies
- How to Change Weapon Stances
- How to Block Enemy Attacks
- How to Increase Weapon Familiarity
- Combat Tips: How to Fight Like a True Samurai
- How to Use the Spirit Guardian’s Special Power (Living Weapon)
- How to Parry
- How to Takedown Enemies
- How to Use Ranged Weapons
Nioh Character Build Guides
Need some pointers for building the perfect character for your playstyle? Start here.
- How to Respec Character and Reset Level
- Prestige Points: What They Are and How to Use Them
- How to Unlock Titles and What They Do
- Which Guardian Spirit Should You Choose?
- How to Change Your Guardian Spirit
- How to Increase Your Health Bar
- How to Increase Stamina (Ki)
- Which Weapon Is Right For My Playstyle?
- How to Get Amrita Easily
- How to Level Up Easily
- How to Change Your Hair and Beard
- All Haircuts and Beards and What They Look Like
- Which Skills Should You Get First?
- Reputation Level: How to Increase It and What It Is
- How to Use a Kusarigama Build
- How to Use a Dual Swords Build
- How to Get All Guardian Spirits
- How to Get Ninja Skill Points
Nioh Items Tips and Guides
Items are incredibly important to survive Sengoku Japan. Get clued up before you venture too far.
- How to Use Items
- How to Use Elixirs and Heal Yourself
- How to Increase Number of Max Elixirs You Can Carry
- Kodama Locations: How to Find Them All
- Green Kodama: What They Are and Why You Should Collect Them
- How to Forge and Craft Items
- How to Get Ochoko Cups
- How to Get the Best Crafting Materials and Resources
Nioh Gear Tips and Tricks
To make it to the very end, you’ll need the very best and well-maintained gear. Read up about it all here.
- How to Get Purple Gear, Armor, and Weapons
- How to Get the Ninja Shinobi Armor Set
- How to Get the Crimson Master Armor
- How to Upgrade Weapons and Armor
- How to Trade Weapons and Armor for Amrita
- How to Sell Weapons and Armor at a Blacksmith
- How to Get a Bow
- How to Get a Gun
- Mystic Arts: How to Get Them and What They Are
- How to Get the Best Special Effects for Weapons and Armor
Nioh Unlockables Tips and Tricks
Like most other games, Nioh has a number of unlockable areas and items to get.
- How to Unlock Twilight Mode Missions
- Twilight Mode Missions: What’s Different
- How to Unlock the Hidden Teahouse
Nioh Boss Guides
Struggling to make it past one of the game’s many boss fights. We’ve got tried and tested methods to make use of here.
- How to Beat the Executioner
- How to Beat Onryoki (Oni)
- How to Beat Hino-Enma
- How to Beat Nue
- How to Beat Tachibana Muneshige
Check back for more updates to this wiki with guides and tips!