We already know Roadhog’s hook will probably get nerfed pretty soon in Overwatch, but it looks like D.Va and Ana could be next on the chopping block as well. According to the full PTR notes Blizzard has provided, D.Va’s changes will make her a little less durable and also decrease her damage output. Ana, on the other hand, will be seeing a decrease in the healing power for her Biotic Grenade. Here’s the full list of character-specific changes:
- Biotic Grenade
- Healing boost on allies has been decreased by 50%
Developer Comments: The healing boost from Ana’s Biotic Grenade was providing too much healing, especially when used on targets with large health pools.
- Health increased from 200 to 400
- Armor decreased from 400 to 200
- Fusion Cannons
- Bullet damage decreased from 3 to 2
- Number of bullets per shot has been increased from 8 to 11
Developer Comments: D.Va’s armor often made her feel like she had no weaknesses, even against heroes that are often effective against bigger targets (like Reaper). The changes to her Fusion Cannons will result in a small overall decrease in damage, but they should feel more consistent now.
- Chain Hook
- Targets are now pulled directly in front of Roadhog (rather than straight to him), except in cases where Roadhog drastically rotates
- Hooked targets are now released if they leave Roadhog’s line-of-sight before being pulled
- Line-of-sight checks (which detect if targets should be initially hit by the hook) are now done from Roadhog’s position, rather than the hook’s position
Developer Comments: The hook should now feel more consistent for Roadhog players, but it should also feel more reasonable to his enemies, as they cannot be hooked or pulled around corners anymore.
- The time it takes to hack a target has been decreased from 1 second to 0.8 seconds
Developer Comments: Sombra often had difficulty hacking enemies, even when she surprised the target. This change should help her execute hacks more easily.
At the moment, Overwatch’s competitive scene has been taken over by the ‘Tank meta’ where teams will run with three tanks (usually including D.Va or Roadhog), with Ana as a healer. By dialing down the damage for both tanks and reducing Ana’s healing power a little, we could very well see another meta shift pretty soon.
Overwatch is now available on PC and consoles.