If you haven’t already heard, the guys who worked on Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, have created a brand new theme park simulator. Frontier’s Planet Coaster is out and besides looking absolutely spectacular, the game also allows players a huge scope for flexibility and customization in pretty much every aspect of play.
That being said, Frontier released their first patch for the game on Thursday which brings more blueprints to the games already extensive range, fixes some minor bug issues and adds some nifty features along the way.
The patch notes for 1.01 are as follows:
- New shops/facilities blueprints for all 5 themes
- New scenery blueprints for all 5 themes
- New coaster blueprints
Other Notable Changes:
- Added a “harder” challenge mode
- Crash fixes/stability improvements
- Bug fixes
- Loading an old park will not reset your custom music
- Fix black artefacts on HD4000 machines
- Fix mouse issues on Windows 10 Insider
- Fix heatmaps when a train falls off the track
- Fix Priority Pass attendant animation issue
- Reduced CPU/GPU usage when the game is minimized
- Excitement, fear and nausea values now appear on coaster blueprints tooltip
- Tacos icons now appear in Guest Inventories correctly
- Fixed lights on dark ride in “The Creature Awakens”
- Allow guests to stand at different heights on raised queues/paths
- Guests re-equip balloons when leaving rides
- Fix issue where control rebinding’s were not being reapplied if you cancelled out of a change
- Fix harness animation on Canyon Runner
- Star Studded Career achievement fix
- Guests now enter toilets/first aid centrally rather than clipping into the building
- Guests with nothing to do leave the park rather than idling on the spot
- Improved performance when editing terrain around water bodies
- QoL improvements
- Coaster auto-avoid now ignores terrain when auto-tunnelling is selected
- Clicking a notification will now rotate the camera to focus on the affected facility/exit/entrance
- Height markers now appear when building downhill more often
Community translations now support overriding the games font, allowing support for East Asian languages where characters were previously not included.
- Escape now exits the main menu
In other news, the games next big update is scheduled for some time in December, while the exact details are not yet clear, the post does mention that it will include more free content.
Check Out More:
- GameStop CEO Hints at Nintendo Switch Having Motion Controls
- The Top Eight PS4 and Xbox One Deals for Black Friday 2016
- Final Fantasy XV Release: 10 Things You Should Know First
This post was originally written by Jared Moore.