Change is coming.
NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. Interactive have just posted the full details of the changes coming in the latest patch for Mortal Kombat XL. Many of your favorite characters will be getting lots of gameplay tweaks as well, and you can check out the comprehensive list of changes over at the official website. For now, here are the general changes that you can expect from the upcoming patch:
General Gameplay fixes
- Many move list corrections
- Increased energy cost to start running to 25 (up from 15)
- Increased energy cost to cancel into a dash (where applicable) to 25 (up from 15)
- Getting hit while running will now drain 50 energy
- The increased hurt regions when you perform an air attack now activate one frame before the hit region activates
- Kounter message added when a hit lands as a counterattack or punish
- Delayed Wakeup will no longer activate if the block button is pressed or held while holding down
- You are no longer able use specific timing to avoid recovery frames on some jump attacks which used weapons
- Reduced the victim blockstun along with the attacker block recovery on many moves (keeping the same +|- on block advantage)
- WBID unlocks no longer have additional requirements
Mortal Kombat XL is now available on PS4 and Xbox One, and will be coming to PC later today.