Thousands of players are descending onto No Man’s Sky, ready to take on the galaxy and stake a claim on one of its 18 quintillion planets. If you’re one of them, you could probably use a little help conquering the vast reaches of space. Whether you’re looking for info on alien species or want to get your own alien pet, here’s everything you need to know about Hello Games’ massive title.
General Tips and Info
If you’re just starting out with No Man’s Sky, here’s some general information to get you started. Here we cover the basics: how to save, run, climb, heal, and more. If you need help finishing your first quest and repairing your ship, there’s a guide for that too.
- What’s the Point?
- How Long is the Game?
- What to Do First
- How to Find Your Ship
- How to Repair Your Ship’s Launch Thrusters at the Start of the Game
- How to Get Your Preorder Ship Bonus
- Finding Objectives and Using the Map
- How to Save
- How to Quit the Game
- How to Restart the Game
- What Happens When You Die
- Can You Find and Play With Friends?
- How to Tell If You’re Around Other Players
- How to Get to the Center of the Universe
- How to Heal Damage
- How to Climb Tall Walls and Mountains
- How to Get Quests and Missions
- How to See Quest and Mission Objectives
- Is There Fall Damage?
- How to Sprint and Run Faster
- All Known Bugs and Glitches So Far
No Man’s Sky Planets, Flora, Fauna, and More
Everything you need to know about No Man’s Sky planets and what you’ll find on them. Wherever your ship may land, here’s what you need to know about alien buildings, mysterious artifacts, and dangerous plant life.
- How Many Planets There Are
- How to Name a Planet
- How to Name Animals and Plants
- All the Things You Can Name
- How to Check the Conditions of Your Planet
- How to Discover Outposts and Locations
- How to Upload Discoveries
- How to Feed Animals
- How to Get a Pet
- How Long Will an Animal Stay Your Pet After Feeding?
- How to Breathe Underwater
- Can you Destroy a Planet Completely?
- Artifacts: What Monoliths, Knowledge Stones, and Plaques Are
- How to Stay Warm on Freezing Planets
- How to Tell If a Plant or Animal is Dangerous or Poisonous
- How to Break Down Doors
- PSA: Shooting Facility Doors Slowly Will Keep Sentinels Away
- Sentinels: What they Are and How to Fight Them
- What to Do in Factories
- All Buildings Wiki
- Story Wiki
No Man’s Sky Items and Tools
Half the battle in No Man’s Sky is managing your resources and inventory. Here’s how to use and upgrade your most vital tools, as well as some tips on hacking, earning money, and freeing up backpack space.
- How to Get and Use the Jetpack
- How to Get a Better Jetpack
- How to Fix The Scanner and Use It
- How to Make a Plasma Launcher and Use it
- How to Switch Multi-Tool Weapon Modes
- How to Get Exosuit Upgrades
- How to Get New and Better Multi-tools
- How to Upgrade Your Multi-Tool to Collect Better Resources
- How to Install Technology on Your Exosuit, Multi-Tool, and Starship
- Your Upgrades and Technology Placement Matters
- How to Remove Upgrades
- How to Get Your Items Back After Dying
- How to Hack Using a Bypass Chip
- How to Get an AtlasPass and Open Locked Doors
- How to Get AtlasPass V2 and V3
- How to Get Atlas Stones and What They Do
- How to Easily Get Units (Money)
- Here’s an Easy and Lucrative Way of Getting Extremely Rich
- How to Toss Items
- How to Get More Inventory Slots for Your Exosuit, Starship, and Multi-tool
No Man’s Sky Crafting
You’ll be doing a lot of scavenging and crafting. These guides will help you get started.
No Man’s Sky Story (Spoilers)
If you want to know some of the grand story that unfolds over the course of the game, meaning you don’t mind big fat spoilers, you can check out some of the links below.
- All Paths You Can Take
- Endings Summarized and Explained
- How to Get All Endings
- What Happens When You Complete No Man’s Sky’s Path of Atlas?
No Man’s Sky Flying
No Man’s Sky features a lot of – surprise – flying through the sky. Travelling between systems isn’t all that easy, though. Here’s everything you need to know about using your ship and maneuvering through space.
- How to Enter and Exit Your Ship
- How to Fly, from Takeoff to Space to Landing
- How to Get New Ships
- How to Land Your Ship
- How to Barrel Roll
- How to Fly Faster
- How to Use Hyperdrive
- How to Get Warp Cores
- How to Get Antimatter and What it Does
- How to Get a Dynamic Resonator and What it Does
- Where to Find Black Holes and What They Do
No Man’s Sky Combat
Should you end up in a bit of a scuffle, be it with Sentinels or space pirates, here’s some combat guides.
No Man’s Sky Aliens
Learning the languages and economies of alien species will help you make the most of your travels. Here’s how to best interact with your universe brethren, from simple conversations to the art of trade.
- Economy Wiki Guide
- What the Red and Green Percentages on the Trade Screen Mean
- Alien Races Wiki
- How to Get More Standing With Aliens
- How to Choose the Right Answer When Talking to Aliens or Using Terminals
- How to Learn Languages
- All Languages Wiki
- How to Trade and Sell Items
No Man’s Sky Resources and Components
These guides cover No Man’s Sky’s most desired resources and components, how to get them, and what they’re used for.
- Oxide Elements
- Isotope Elements
- Suspension Fluid
- Electron Vapor
Check back for more updates to this wiki with guides and tips!