Uploading Discoveries – No Man’s Sky
No Man’s Sky tasks players with reaching the center of the universe. While making that journey, though, they will come across new star systems, planets, plants, and animals. If you’re the first player to ever visit that location, then you can claim the discovery for yourself and earn some Units (No Man’s Sky’s currency). All you have to do is upload your discoveries to the Galactic Library to get your payday.
To upload a discovery you first need to… well, discover something. Not everything is discovered in the same way, though. Here’s how to make discoveries:
- Star System: Simply reach the system.
- Planet: You must land on a planet and exit your ship for it to count as a discovery. Simply flying through and going back into space won’t cut it.
- Flora (plants): Must be scanned.
- Fauna (animals): Must be scanned.
Once you’ve done any of the above, open up the game’s menu by pressing the Options button on your DualShock 4. From there, highlight the Discoveries tab and select the one you wish to upload. You’ll be given two options:
- Triangle: Allows you to name the discovery before uploading.
- Square: Simply uploads the discovery.
That’s all there is to it. Now that you have that in the bag, if you need help with anything else be sure to check out our Ultimate No Man’s Sky Guide.