Blueprints – No Man’s Sky
No Man’s Sky actually has a crafting system, one that you will need to become acquainted with if you’re to have any hope of making it to the center of the universe (or even off of the starting planet). The mechanic is extremely basic at first, only allowing you to craft your immediate needs upon stepping into the game. You can, however, learn to craft many more items ranging from simple products to new technologies you can install, all thanks to the help of blueprints.
Obtaining blueprint recipes in No Man’s Sky is done in several ways:
- From Aliens: You’ll stumble across various aliens and robots as you embark on your planet-hopping adventure. Interacting with them will often bring up the ability to make a choice. Make the right choice and you can receive a reward, usually in the form of a blueprint. While their languages will appear as gibberish when you first start No Man’s Sky, learning words will help you figure out which choices you need to make later on.
- From Analyze Multi-tool Tech Consoles: In many of the buildings you’ll come across, you’ll notice these odd consoles on the walls that say Analyze Multi-tool Tech. These require that you input 20 Carbon to access, but once you do you’ll receive a brand new blueprint for your multi-tool.
- From Debris: On some planets you’ll find debris from crashed ships and other structures. Searching this debris will sometimes yield a blueprint for you to use in the game.
- Shutting Down Alarms: There will be times in No Man’s Sky where you’ll have to break into a building. Doing so will set off an alarm that you’ll need to interact with in order to disable. These usually have a multiple choice scenario. Interacting will call off the Sentinels always, but choosing the right choice as well will net you a recipe for your efforts more often than not.
- Story: As you play through the story, there will be items and/or gear that you need to craft in order to progress. The blueprints for these will be granted to you either automatically or at a location that you’ll be directed to. Once you obtain them during their respective missions, they’re yours to use forever.
Those are the ways that you can get yourself some very useful crafting blueprints in No Man’s Sky.
Need more help with No Man’s Sky? Check out our robust wiki full of guides and tips!