Become a better informed Poketrainer!
Pokemon GO has been making a big splash not only in the world of video games, but in society as a whole. The game is unique, and offers a type an experience that encourages social interactions and cooperation. And one of the most frequent ways that sentiment has been manifesting is in the pursuit of certain types of Pokemon.
How do you catch water types? What kind of places should I be looking for dragon Pokemon? In a local sense, you’ll have to ask your fellow Trainers. But in a broader sense, there does seem to be a method to the madness of hunting down virtual monsters in our real world.
And as it turns out, it mostly works the way you might expect it would in a typical Pokemon game! You’re actually going to be finding more water types if you’re closer to a body of water (as long as it’s a body of water recognized by the game’s on-screen map data). Grass types are unsurprisingly found in large patches of grass (which the game can distinguish between, as it knows where buildings are and what is considered an urban area).
These are just a few easy examples, but we’ve been hard at work tracking and noting down our findings. Here’s a comprehensive look more Pokemon types and where to look for them:
- Where to Find Fighting Pokemon
- Where to Find Normal Type
- Where to Find Flying Type
- Where to Find Ground Type
- Where to Find Rock Type
- Where to Find Bug Type
- Where to Find Poison Type Pokemon
- Where to Find Fire Type Pokemon
- Where to Find Grass Type Pokemon
- Where to Find Electric Type Pokemon
- Where to Find Ghost Type Pokemon
- Where to Find Water Type Pokemon
- Where to Find Steel Type Pokemon
- Where to Find Psychic Type
- Where to Find Ice Type
- Where to Find Fairy Type
- Where to Find Dragon Pokemon
For all your other Pokemon GO tips, tricks, and general help, check out our Ultimate Guide filled with everything you need to know.