While playing Pokemon GO you will definitely find yourself catching a heck of a lot of Pokemon. That is one of the goals, but when it comes time to look through your collection, you may realize that locating that one Cubone in a sea of Pidgeys and Rattatas is a little difficult. Thankfully, you can actually sort your Pokemon quite easily.
When in the app, click the Poke Ball located at the bottom of your screen, then click the button for Pokemon (it’s the one with a Pikachu silhouette on it). This will bring up all of the Pokemon you’ve caught thus far in Pokemon GO. At the bottom of the screen, in the lower right-hand corner, is a button with a symbol on it. This symbol will vary depending on how you sort your Pokemon, but the default is an image of a clock. Click that button and a small menu will pop up listing all of the ways you can sort them along with their symbol:
- Recent (clock) – Sorted in the order you’ve captured them with the most recent being in the upper left-hand corner.
- Favorite (star) – If you’ve marked any Pokemon with a star, they’ll appear at the top.
- Number (#) – Sorted based on their Pokedex number with the lower numbers being at the top.
- HP (heart) – Based on hit points with the highest being at the top.
- Name (A-Z) – Alphabetical order from A-Z.
- Combat Power (CP) – Sorted based on CP with highest being at the top.
Just click the one you want and you’re done. If you wish to know what option you used to sort your Pokemon last, just look at that same button in the lower right-hand corner. It will change according to what’s in effect.
For more information on Pokemon GO be sure to check out our ultimate guide for all of your Pokemon training needs.