Well, at least we’ll have time for FFXV now.
There, that’s the news. Persona 5 won’t be getting an English release this year, and it’ll only launch in North America in February 2017. That’s five whole months after the Japanese release, which is on September 15, by the way. No waifus, no husbands, no social links, and no passionate shouts of ‘PERSONA!’ for us until next February.
Atlus has just announced, via the PlayStation Blog, that the game will officially be out on February 14 of next year. That’s Valentine’s Day! We also get a look at the game’s PS4 box art, which looks delicious, as well as some details about the game’s collector’s edition and all that good stuff.
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer, Shoji Meguro, in a CD sleeve featuring special P5 artwork.
- 4” Morgana plush: Morgana the Phantom Thieves’ cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but also a member – and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4” plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
On the bright side, Atlus has also promised that the game will be shown off at E3 next week. Oh, and the game will most definitely still be coming to the PS3. Well, there’s that. I guess now we’ll have time for Final Fantasy XV at least.