Was anyone really surprised?
Square Enix released a list of major titles slated for launch this fiscal year during an earnings presentation today. Rather unsurprisingly, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake are not on this list. For those not in the know, the current fiscal year will end on March 31, 2017, meaning that the games listed below are expected to release before that date. Here’s the list of major titles that Square Enix has in store for us:
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – August 23, 2016
- Final Fantasy XV – September 30, 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider – Holiday 2016
- World of Final Fantasy – 2016
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue – 2016
- SaGA SCARLET GRAVE – 2016 (Japan)
Of course, this doesn’t mean that Square Enix won’t be giving us more information about Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake this year. The developer has also mentioned before that Kingdom Hearts 3 certainly won’t be released before Final Fantasy XV. Seeing as how the latter finally has a set release date, it’s only a matter of time before production on the latest Kingdom Hearts game is complete, and the team is ready share a release date with its fans.