Taliyah the Stoneweaver, the latest champion to hit League of Legends, got her full reveal today following last week’s lore introduction. A control mage with earthbending abilities, Taliyah’s kit focuses largely on positioning, movement, and some serious ground manipulation.
Here’s a rundown of her abilities (and a TL;DR below, for convenience):
PASSIVE: ROCK SURFING
- When out of combat, Taliyah builds movement speed whenever traveling near walls.
Q: THREADED VOLLEY
- Passive: Taliyah gains increased movement speed when traversing worked ground.
- Active: Taliyah rips up the ground around her, firing a volley of five stone shards in a target direction while moving freely. Casting Threaded Volley converts the area into worked ground for a few minutes. Additional Threaded Volley casts over worked ground will yield just one rock projectile.
W: SEISMIC SHOVE
- Taliyah marks a target location. After a brief delay, the ground erupts, knocking up and damaging all enemies caught in the blast zone. Taliyah can recast Seismic Shove before it erupts to throw the victims in any targeted direction—even over walls.
E: UNRAVELED EARTH
- Taliyah scatters boulders onto the ground before her. Opponents who dash through the fractured earth take damage from an explosion. After a few seconds, any remaining rocks in the field erupt, dealing a second wave of damage.
R: WEAVER’S WALL
- Taliyah briefly channels before summoning a massive wall of spiraling rock that tears through the Rift in a target direction. Taliyah can reactivate Weaver’s Wall while channeling to ride atop the wall as it emerges. Taking damage or inputting a move command in any direction will cut her ride short.
Passive: Runs fast near walls.
Q: Missile skill shot that leaves temporary “worked ground” around her. Worked ground makes her faster and allows for fewer missiles.
W: Directional knockup with small delay.
R: Cast a huge wall in a single direction that you can ride through any terrain on – prepare for Taliyah ganks from hell.
League of Legends is going to see a fierce control mage in Taliyah. Her area of effect skills and speed mean she’ll be pushing waves, ganking lanes, and throwing up huge walls with her ultimate that can block enemy retreats or advances.
Her release will also introduce a Freljord Taliyah skin, which is available now on the PBE. For 1350 RP, it’ll add some ice textures to her skills, auto attacks, and recall, as well as some special VO interactions with certain allies and enemies. The recall animation also has a baby moose. Do what you will with that information.
You can read up on Riot’s combo advice and Taliyah’s champion synergies over on her reveal page. For more on League’s newest champion, check out our TL;DR lore post for details on her origins and relationship with Yasuo.
More League of Legends