Less time inside the Animus for everyone.
The upcoming Assassin’s Creed movie is going to take place primarily in present day, with a minority 35% taking place in 15th Century Spain. The other 65% of the film, Executive Producter Pat Crowley told IGN, will take place in present day.
The split is quite the opposite of that in the Assassin’s Creed games, which are mainly set in the past and feature just a few out-of-Animus flashes into the present day.
The film’s star, Michael Fassbender, commented on the narrative’s structure, saying, “There are certain things that we absolutely want to respect in the game, but we also want to bring new elements to the game […] This isn’t a video game that we’re making. We’re trying to make a cinematic experience, so there are new things that we have to introduce.”
This means viewers will be spending more time with Fassbender’s modern convict character, Callum Lynch, and less with his stabby ancestor, Aguilar. The recent world premier trailer is full of plenty of assassin action, though, including deadly hidden blades, inexplicable wall climbing, and even a massive Leap of Faith.
Let us know if you’re looking forward to the Assassin’s Creed movie in the comments below!
Check out more
- Final Fantasy XI’s Producer Has “Nothing But Gratitude” for the Fans
- Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF7 Remake Prove Game Announcements Need a Rehaul
- RE0 Remaster Sells 800k Copies; Capcom Reconfirms Resident Evil 2 Remake