It has been a great ten years with the Xbox 360
After ten years with the Xbox 360, Microsoft has ended production on the console. Phil Spencer announced today, that the Xbox 360 will cease production but players who use the device will still have the opportunity to enjoy the features of the console as Microsoft will continue to support the platform. The features that remain include:
- Players will continue to receive Xbox Live services for their console, including online multiplayer, party access and chat, the ability to continue to use the apps, and Games with Gold and Deals with Gold.
- Xbox Live servers that support Xbox 360 services will also remain online and active. Fans can continue to play their favorite games with the full support of Xbox Live.
- Gamers will also be able to continue to buy over 4,000 Xbox 360 games or accessories at retail stores and through Microsoft’s online store, while supplies last.
- Any Xbox 360 hardware will still be supported at xbox.com/support.
- Xbox One owners will be able to continue to enjoy available Xbox 360 games through Xbox One Backward Compatibility – at no additional cost.
Additionally, the remaining units of the Xbox 360 will still be sold, availability of which will vary by country.
While it is sad to say goodbye to such a revolutionary console, you can still play the Xbox 360 games that are compatible with the Xbox One, take a look at the console’s history throughout the years, or see our list for the best Xbox 360 games of all time.