Released to coincide with its 15th anniversary, Runescape is getting a new version called ‘NXT’ that has a new client and engine, bringing vastly improved graphics to the popular MMO.
From today, anyone can download Runescape NXT. ‘The view distance has been quadrupled, dynamic lighting and shadows have arrived, as has real-time reflection, refraction, ambient occlusion and physically correct light scattering,’ according to PC Gamer.
Improvements will also continue to be made with ‘higher-resolution textures, volumetric lighting and a better animation system’ coming to the game in the future.
Luckily, for anyone who enjoys Runescape’s ageing visuals on an older PC, the game will continue to run on everything after and including Windows XP.
Developer Jagex also released a trailer for Runescape NXT that showcases the game’s improved visuals throughout its world. You can see it below.
Runescape NXT can be downloaded on PC from today.
- Rocksmith 2014 Gets Some 80’s Hits Added to Its Library
- Dark Souls lll Has Become Bandai Namco’s Fastest-Selling Game
- Sonic the Hedgehog and Totino’s Have Immortalized Their Friendship in Pizza Rolls
- Mafia III “One Way Road” Story Trailer Reveals Release Date
- Black Ops 3’s Eclipse DLC Gets One Final Trailer Before Release