Get your Zelda’s Lullaby on.
Hyrule Warriors Legends already contains a treasure trove of callbacks and references to many games in the Legend of Zelda franchise, with more on the way in upcoming DLC packs. However, there’s a fun little easter egg that’s not part of any level, or a character’s weapon.
It turns out that you can use your 3DS to play classic ocarina melodies on the loading screen by using the X, Y, B, L, and R buttons. Specifically, when you’ve selected a level to play plus your character, weapon, and fairy, you’re taken to a loading screen while the stage is prepared. Here is where you can play the ocarina to your heart’s content.
To get you going, h ere’s how to play all 12 songs from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in Hyrule Warriors Legends.
- Zelda’s Lullaby – X B Y X B Y
- Saria’s Song – R Y X R Y X
- Epona’s Song – B X Y B X Y
- Sun’s Song – Y R B Y R B
- Song of Time – Y L R Y L R
- Song of Storms – L R B L R B
- Minuet of Forest – L B X Y X Y
- Bolero of Fire – R L R L Y R Y R
- Serenade of Water – L R Y Y X
- Nocturne of Shadow – X Y Y L X Y R
- Requiem of Spirit – L R L Y R L
- Prelude of Light – B Y B Y X B
Of course you don’t have to play the songs we all know and love. You could create your own ocarina jam with those five notes. Have a go, and comment below if you come up with a fun song of your own.