And also Cid.
Final Fantasy’s director, Hajime Tabata, gave PlayStation Access a quickfire interview, covering quite a few topics regarding the upcoming game. During the Q&A, Tabata confirmed FFXV will have a New Game+ mode, the identity of Cid, and that there will be no loading screens between world travel. You can check out the full interview below, or run through our full answer roundup below that.
- Weapons will have status effects on them, such as attack and defense.
- The team has not yet decided what to do with the special Final Fantasy Audi car.
- Stand By Me, the game’s theme, will be the same in Japan and the West
- Many artists were considered for Stand By Me other than Florence and the Machine, though Tabata cannot say who.
- As confirmed before, there will be moogles, and they think they have found a reasonable way to put them into the game.
- There will be no Tonberries in the game.
- There will also be no load screens while driving or flying.
- Tabata could not comment on how many summons are in the game.
- They have not decided how many Final Fantasy songs will be available to listen to on the car radio, but there are quite a few choices from lots of different games. He also said they will include as many songs as they can.
- They decided to give the car airship functionality because they thought it woudl be good to have the car that’s your “faithful companion” to also be the way you travel around the sky.
- Hironobu Sakaguchi, the creator of Final Fantasy, gave Tabata a lot of advice and support.
- Tabata cannot yet say who the woman with the helmet in the Kingsglaive trailer is, but asks us to please wait a little longer for more.
- The game will have a new game plus mode.
- Tabata has a favorite song from the FFXV soundtrack, but it does not have a name yet.
- The Justice Monsters arcade game will be played a little at a time in the console game, and can be experienced in full with the mobile application. As for how the two may interact, the team is tryng to get rankings for the game to share across mobile and console.
- The team is looking for lifetime sales of around 10 million copies. This statement was reported last week, and since Square Enix has clarified this is only a “high goal,” not a requirement for financial success.
- There is no photo mode n the game right now. Prompto does, however, take photos for you of things he finds interesting. Tabata says they have heard a lot of talk regarding the feature and are looking into possibly adding a photo mode.
- The old man in the Japanese trailer is Cid, as well as Cidney’s grandfather.
- There will be a system to enhance the abilities of your chocobos by feeding them various foods. Tabata also noted that you probably won’t be able to use them to reach secret areas.
Final Fantasy XV is due to release Sept. 30 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Let us know if you’re looking forward to it, and for more, check out some of today’s top stories below.