Treyarch have let the cat out of the bag on the latest DLC pack headed to Black Ops III in April. Eclipse comes packed with four new multiplayer maps: Spire, Rift, Knockout; and Verge, a re-imagining of the Call of Duty: World at War classic, Banzai.
- Spire: Spire takes Multiplayer combat to a futuristic sub-orbital airport terminal set high in the clouds. Multiple levels and open areas promote intense, mid-range combat around a clean, high-tech civilian environment. Watch your step, because one wrong move could send you plummeting back through the stratosphere.
- Rift: Head to the core of a harsh futuristic military complex, set high above an active caldera. Rift funnels and forces tight, intense engagements, where the only way through is forward. Utilize the unique core movement opportunities to outsmart and outplay enemies as you traverse the suspended rail system.
- Knockout: Housed in a traditional Shaolin Temple with a retro twist, Knockout sets the stage for a bloody Kung Fu tournament. This mid-sized map showcases a sharp contrast between the mid-range engagements of the traditional exterior architecture and the tight close-quarters of an eclectic 1970’s styled interior.
- Verge: In this re-imagination of the classic Call of Duty: World at War map, Banzai, Verge drops Multiplayer combat into the center of a distant post-apocalyptic future, where two warring factions are entrenched in constant battle. Take control of the key bridge, fortresses, tunnel systems and waterfalls as you engage in high-speed action through this medium-sized map
Eclipse also sets the stage for Zetsubou No Shima, the highly-anticipated, all-new entry in the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies storyline that spans the four DLC Map Packs for Black Ops III this year. The Origins characters continue on their mission to stop the zombie apocalypse not only in this universe, but in all universes. Our heroes find themselves stranded on a remote Pacific island which is home to the Division 9 facility: a secret biological research lab whose experiments with Element 115 and its effects on human, animal, and plant biology has created horrors beyond belief. Zetsubou No Shima features a foliage rich island map including new terrifying zombie enemies, a variety of innovative transport mechanics, more devastating traps, and classic Zombies side quests.
The Call of Duty: Black Ops III Eclipse DLC Map Pack is available at a discounted rate via the Season Pass, which features four DLC Map Packs planned for the year.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III Eclipse is scheduled for release on PlayStation 4 on Apr.19 with Xbox One and PC to follow 30 days later.
Check out More
- Try Black Ops 3’s First Expansion Pack for Free This Weekend
- Twitch and Vainglory Developer Announce Three Year Partnership
- 343 Industries Reveals Two Free Halo 5 Maps
This post was originally written by Marco Cocomello.