Time to get addicted to Minecraft all over again, because Mojang has released Update 1.9 ahead of its official release.
Mojang will be releasing the final version of 1.9 next week on Thursday, Feb 25. While theywon’t be releasing the full list of the changes made between Minecraft 1.8 to 1.9 till the full release next week, they did reveal the following changes:
- Bugs fixed
- Increased durability of shields
- Some crystals in the end are protected by cages again
- Added 34.7% more hype for Minecraft 1.9
As for the bug fixes, Mojang revealed the following:
- [Bug MC-96863] – Marker ArmorStand Should Not Have Passenger Offset
- [Bug MC-97217] – Weird placement of player while riding an entity after swimming with elytra
- [Bug MC-97235] – Resource pack in Minecraft world save file not working
- [Bug MC-97251] – Rail Duplication Glitch
In order to take part in the Pre-release or get snapshots, you’ll need to open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Then call it snapshot and “check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots””. Beware though, because these snapshots can corrupt your in-game worlds. You’ll either need to backup your world or run the game in a different folder.