Even more information on what’s changing and what isn’t in the remake.
The Final Fantasy VII Remake has been one of the most hotly anticipated titles since it was announced at E3 this year, and even more so after all the new information we received at PlayStation Experience.
- The game will be fully-voiced for the most part, and there’s going to be a new voice cast for any characters that didn’t have dialogue in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.
- The “dating event” will likely be fully-voiced, as it was quoted “we can’t just not voice that part.”
- The reproduction of original events will be done carefully, as social situations on certain things were different back in the day. For example the bath house scene at the Honey Bee Inn.
- Square Enix won’t focus on the world map being considered an open-world or sandbox. However, they would like to have some kind of environment that can have a character’s action influence what happens in the background.
- They want to have all the mini-games that still remain in the memories of the fans. There was a variety of big and small mini-games in the original game, but they’re currently testing out whether they should all be redone with the latest technology.
- Its current development status is at a stage where they can say that they were finally able to get started.
- We won’t see another information update on the Final Fantasy VII Remake until Square Enix is done with Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue and World of Final Fantasy.
The Final Fantasy VII Remake is currently in development for PlayStation 4. Previously we found out that the game couldn’t possibly fit into one part without cutting content, causing it to be split into multiple parts. We also found out that the development team would be receiving assistance from the Kingdom Hearts team.
What do you think about the new information for the Final Fantasy VII Remake? Do you like some of the changes being made for the game? Are there other things you want to see change, or stay the same? Let us know what you think in the comments below.