Because 8-player Smash wasn’t chaotic enough already.
Have you ever wondered how chaotic it would be to control all eight characters in Super Smash Bros.? Well, now you can thanks to a glitch that was revealed by Reddit user Gluetendo.
Naturally, you’re going to want to try out this glitch for yourself, so here’s the full list of instructions from Reddit:
- Have 8 amiibo.
- Use a controller that can “desync” (a GameCube controller, preferably).
- Go to the 8-Player Smash mode.
- Just move your joystick until the “Player #” or port space pops up.
- Click the name part of your port until it says “None”.
- Remove your controller from the port or desync it.
- Scan your amiibo.
- Plug your shit back in.
- Move your joystick again and now you will be the Player in the next available space after your scanned amiibo. Nothing out of the ordinary, but trust me, it’s working.
- Repeat Steps 5-9 until all the Player spaces are filled with the 8 amiibo.
- Go to the Settings (where Time or Stock and Item rules are). Then simply exit.
- Enjoy controlling 8 characters simultaneously!
Another Reddit user, TheNovamaster28, also added to these instructions saying that, “You forgot to mention that after you select it to say ‘none,’ you need to have the controller desync, and then scan the amiibo.” Better yet, TheNovamaster28 also revealed that this glitch also works in multiplayer games so two players can battle it out in 4v4 matches.
Do you plan to try this glitch the next time you boot up Super Smash Bros. for Wii U? Let us know in the comments below!