Fallout 4 is just days away, and you’ll want to make sure everything is just right for that incoming November 10 release. So heads up, if you digitally pre-ordered Fallout 4 on the Xbox One on or before 10/27, and are not using Instant On power mode, you may have an incorrect placeholder file.
Players with the useless “stub file” will need to delete it entirely, and then reinstall the title. Check below for the step by step process from Bethesda for a more detailed walkthrough.
- Navigate to My Games & Apps.
- Find the title’s tile in Games.
- With the tile highlighted, press the [Menu] button on your controller.
- Select Manage Game.
- In the Manage Game screen, select the storage device the game is currently installed to.
- Select Uninstall.
- Once the game has uninstalled, return to My Games & Apps.
- Scroll right to the “Ready to Install” section under Games.
- Highlight the title’s tile.
- Press [A] to select.
- Choose Install.
Pre-orders made after 10/27 should be just dandy and ready to download Fallout 4’s updates when they become available.