Experience Quantic Dream’s tales, upgraded and better than ever.
Quantic Dream has been one of Sony’s primary developers for years. If you happened to miss out on the developer’s PlayStation 3 games, you’ll soon have a chance to play Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls on the PlayStation 4 with updated versions. PlayStation Blog announced the release dates for both 1080p releases this morning in a post.
Beyond: Two Souls will launch first surprisingly soon on November 24 for $29.99, with Heavy Rain following later on March 1, 2016. No price has been given for Heavy Rain as of yet, however there will be a discount if you purchase Beyond: Two Souls first. Both games will only be available digitally.
Sony provided a list of a few updates coming to the PS4 version of Beyond: Two Souls
- Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity.
- Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players.
- You can now play the game in chronological order right from the start – a much requested feature in the PS3 version!
- Increased difficulty in certain fight scene, combined with improved controls for action sequences.
- Includes the “Enhanced Experiments” DLC.
Recently, Quantic Dream unveiled their new game Detroit: Become Human, based off of a tech demo the company released in 2012 called “Kara.” What do you think about Quantic Dream’s PlayStation 3 titles getting remastered? Did you play either one when they came out, or are you looking forward to experiencing them for the first time? Let us know in the comments.